Our 2011 readiness survey (available upon request) showed that some institutions, notably large four-year schools, are leaders but others, notably smaller private institutions, community colleges, and K-12 schools, are less prepared for the challenge of federation and trusted identity. The technical environment includes a wide variety of platforms. Readiness factors include business and technical factors.
- Bringing registrars, academics, and other business owners into the IDM discussion
- Driving IT priorities, funding, staff expertise
- Capturing the cost to IT when the benefit is to the whole institution
- Make IDM be seen as a strategic business enabler
- Education and training opportunities
- Establishment of IDM or IaaS operations supporting high levels of trust and assurance at scale
- Technical resources for best practices